Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Story of My Magnolia Wreaths

image credit: Branches Design
It's already been confessed that I am a Southern girl at heart (despite my upbringing in the Far North).  For this reason, it did not come as a surprise to me that I instantly became obsessed with the idea of having a magnolia wreath grace our doorstep for the Christmas holidays last year.  An article in my beloved Southern Living magazine was to blame; I loved the lush green of the leaves, the softness of the ribbon, and the symbolism of hospitality.

I was on a mission.

It didn't take me long to discover that magnolia wreaths were few and far between in the DC Metropolitan area this winter.  I searched high and low - calling local nurseries and florists, checking online.  Sure I could have ordered a magnolia wreath from, say, Pottery Barn, but I didn't want to drop mad dough on a wreath.  My luck changed once I turned to eBay.

I found a seller on eBay who owned a magnolia farm (jackpot!) She had no end of magnolia trees and handmade her wreaths for an insanely low price.  I ordered two; one round and one square.

the wreath in my home office 

the wreath in my dining room
I <3 them.

I'm debating whether I should lacquer them in white.


How gorgeous is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment